- Introduction to partitioning
- Processor virtualization
- Integrated Virtual Ethernet
- Virtual Ethernet
- Virtual I/O Server and virtual devices
- Virtual network configuration with dual VIOS
- Virtual SCSI configurations with dual VIOS
- N_Port ID virtualization
- Migration from physical to virtual storage
- HMC Service Management
- PowerVM advanced systems maintenance
Pubblico di destinazione
This advanced course is intended for system administrators, technical support personnel, and business partners responsible for implementing LPARs on IBM Power Systems servers.
You should have:
- advanced system administration experience with AIX 6 or AIX 7. This prerequisite can be met by attending one of the following courses:
- Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration (AN12AU)
- Power Systems for AIX III: Advanced Administration and Problem Determination (AN15AU)
- AIX Jumpstart for UNIX Professionals (AN14AU)
Alternatively, you must have equivalent AIX and LPAR skills.
General TCP/IP knowledge is strongly recommended. This prerequisite can be met by attending TCP/IP for AIX Administrators (AN21AU).
You are also expected to have logical partition administration skills on POWER6 or POWER7 processor-based systems, which can be obtained by attending Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning (AN11AU).