When you complete the course, youâ€™ll be able to use the capabilities of the Force.com cloud platform to develop or extend cloud applications:
- Develop custom Force.com code.
- Create triggers to take action when records are saved.
- Use the Force.com sandbox testing environment.
- Write page controllers to manage custom data sets and actions for pages.
- Create multi-page wizards, maintaining a unified view state across the experience.
Force.com Code (Apex)
- Describe the features, functionality, and use cases of Apex
- Describe the data types and syntax of Apex
- Write Apex that handles bulk data.
- Write SOQL and SOSL queries to return data from the database
- Write complex joins in SOQL
- Describe the different governor limits and ways to work within them
- Create a unit test for a class
- List the requirements for deploying Apex code into production
- Describe the capabilities of Apex Web services and callouts
- Send and receive email from Apex
- Describe the capabilities of batch Apex
- Describe the capabilities of custom settings.
- Understand the Visualforce framework, including its advantages and capabilities.
- Use expressions to bind data and actions on a page to a controller.
- Understand the concepts behind controllers, including their functionality and capabilities.
- Create custom controllers and standard controller extensions to incorporate new data and actions into a page.
- Understand the security implications of using custom vs. standard controllers.
- Implement wizards using custom controllers to handle the state and operations.
- Create custom components that use custom controllers.
- Test, debug, and deploy controllers
Pubblico di destinazione
Apex & Visualforce Controllers is ideal for developers who are proficient with an object-oriented programming language and understand how to customize Salesforce applications declaratively. This course is intended for developers who need to create application functionality using Apex
- Experiencing developing data-driven applications using an object-oriented programming language.
- Experience customizing Salesforce applications using â€śclicks not code.â€ť
- Two online courses that cover the topics â€śForce.com Pagesâ€ť and â€śManaging Development with Force.comâ€ť are bundled with Force.com Code & Force.com Page Controllers. These courses, which are included in the price, should be completed before attending the class.
We recommend you complete Building Applications with Force.com (DEV401) and/or earn the Certified Force.com Developer credential before attending this class.