To meet the demands of individuals and organizations for flexible, reusable, and easily modified visual content, Adobe Systems has created a cadre of applications that collectively provide a scalable, end-to-end solution for nearly every type of visual design project one can contemplate. Called Creative Cloudâ„˘ (CC), the collection of applications perform specialized design tasks while interoperating among each other to deliver superlative content.
This course focuses on AdobeÂ® IllustratorÂ® CC (2014), the component within CC used to create â€śdrawnâ€ť graphics, while enabling its users to integrate content from other domains (such as photo-oriented graphics and animation, which belong to AdobeÂ® PhotoshopÂ® and FlashÂ®). With Illustrator’s many, easily used tools, you will discover that not only can you unlock the same creative impulses you’ve always had as you’ve picked up a pencil to sketch out an idea, but also capture those multiple ideas and â€śwhat ifsâ€ť during the creative process in ways that you never imagined. And for those of you who are just embarking on building your creative skills, you will be surprised at â€śhow goodâ€ť your work will appear, even at the outset of your exploration of the world of graphic design.
This course covers the Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator CC objectives to help students prepare for the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) exam. This course is also designed to cover the Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) exam objectives.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to use Adobe Illustrator CC (2014) to create illustrations that include graphics and text.
- Identify the components and capabilities of Illustrator CC (2014).
- Create basic shapes.
- Create custom paths.
- Create graphics that contain custom text.
- Customize objects.
- Customize basic shapes.
- Prepare documents for deployment.
Lesson 1: Introducing Illustrator CC
- Topic A: Apply Design Principles, Elements, and Graphics Composition
- Topic B: Evaluate Graphics Scalability
- Topic C: Navigate the User Interface
- Topic D: Customize the User Interface
Lesson 2: Creating Documents Containing Basic Shapes
- Topic A: Create Documents
- Topic B: Save Documents
- Topic C: Draw Basic Shapes
Lesson 3: Creating Documents Containing Customized Paths
- Topic A: Draw Paths
- Topic B: Modify Paths
Lesson 4: Creating Graphics Containing Customized Text
- Topic A: Insert Text
- Topic B: Apply Flow Text Along a Path
- Topic C: Insert Bounded and Threaded Text
- Topic D: Apply Text Styles
- Topic E: Insert Typographical Characters
Lesson 5: Customizing Objects
- Topic A: Import, Place, and Link Graphics
- Topic B: Alter the Appearance of Objects
Lesson 6: Customizing Basic Shapes
- Topic A: Apply Strokes and Brushes
- Topic B: Fill Shapes
- Topic C: Apply Graphics Styles
- Topic D: Distort Text with Text Envelopes
Lesson 7: Preparing Documents for Deployment
- Topic A: Update Text
- Topic B: Wrap Text
- Topic C: Hyphenate Text
- Topic D: Optimize Content for Print
- Topic E: Optimize Content for the Web
- Topic F: Optimize Content for PDF Documents
Appendix A: Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator CC Certification Exam Objectives
Appendix B: Adobe Certified Expert Illustrator CC Exam Mappings
Appendix C: Adobe Illustrator CC: New Features
Pubblico di destinazione
- This course is intended for designers, publishers, pre-press professionals, marketing communications professionals, or people switching to a design job or taking on design responsibilities and who need to use Illustrator to create illustrations, logos, advertisements, or other graphic documents.
To ensure your success in this course, you should be familiar with the basic functions of your computerâ€™s operating system, such as creating folders, launching programs, and working with windows. You should also have basic Windows application skills, such as copying and pasting objects, formatting text, saving files, and so on.
Familiarity with basic design terminology, such as palettes, color modes, shapes, text, and paths, is highly recommended.
You can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking the Logical Operations course Introduction to Personal Computers Using MicrosoftÂ® WindowsÂ® 8/8.1.