The Altiris Deployment Solution 7.1 Administration course is designed for the professional tasked with installing, configuring, and managing a Deployment Solution system. This five-day, instructor-led, hands-on course covers how Deployment Solution 7.1 simplifies the routine tasks of setting up new computers, migrating computers to a new operating system, and moving users to new operating systems or hardware. Students also learn how to install, configure, and use Deployment Solution to perform these types of tasks remotely from an easy-to-use console, saving time for employees and money for their enterprise.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Install and configure Deployment Solution 7.1.
- Use the Deployment Portal to access jobs and tasks
- Configure Deployment Solution for Sysprep, PXE, initial deployment and OS licenses.
- Use resource manager to work with filters, resources and targets.
- Capture computer images.
- Configure image deployments.
- Manage â€śunknownâ€ť computers.
- Perform disk wipes and disk partitioning.
- Create scripted OS installations.
- Capture a computer personality, and deploy personality packages.
- Configure PC transplant.
- Configure software policies to deliver software packages.
- Manage windows installer applications, and virtual applications.
- Perform inventory scans to determine OS needs.
Overview of the Client Management Suite
- Learning about SMP
- Analyzing the Symantec Management Platform
- Integrating with other products
Overview of DS 7.1
- Becoming familiar with installation prerequisites
- Installing Deployment Solution
Configuring Deployment Solution
- Using the Deployment Portal
- Configuring Deployment Solution
Understanding Resource Management
- Understanding resources
- Using the Resource Manager
Creating Computer Image Files
- Understanding computer image files
- Using tasks and jobs
- Creating a computer image
Deploying Computer Image Files
- Deploying an image
- Initial deployment imaging
Managing Computers Using Images and Tasks
- Disk wipe with erase disk
- Partitioning hard drives
- Scripted OS installations
Creating Personality Packages with PC Transplant
- About personality packages
- Capturing a personality
- About templates
- PC transplant settings
- Filters, rules and prioritization
- Capture options
Deploying Personality Packages
- Deploying options
- Using templates with jobs and tasks
- Deploying personality packages
Delivering Software with Policies
- Using policies to deliver software
- Using policies when deploying images
Managing and delivery software with other tasks
- Manage windows installer applications
- Manage virtual applications
Inventory and deployment solution
- Overview of inventory
- Using inventory to determine migration needs
- Using inventory to determine successful migrations
Pubblico di destinazione
This course is for system administrators or anyone who will be installing, configuring, and managing a Deployment Solution system.
It is recommended that students attend:
- Symantec Management Platform 7.0 Administration with Notification Server, or possess equivalent experience with the Symantec Management platform.
Students should have a working knowledge of Windows 2003, XP, Vista; be familiar with network concepts, including LANs, network adapters, drivers, and network operating systems; and be familiar with hardware components such as hubs, switches, and routers.