This two-day course is designed to provide students with information about troubleshooting interior gateway protocols, BGP, routing policy, MPLS, Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPNs, multicast, and class of service. Students will gain experience in monitoring and troubleshooting these topics through demonstration as well as hands-on labs. The course exposes students to common troubleshooting commands and tools used to troubleshoot various intermediate to advanced issues.
This course uses Juniper Networks MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers for the hands-on component, but the lab environment does not preclude the course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos OS. This course is based on Junos OS Release 12.2R2.4.
Advanced Junos Service Provider Troubleshooting is an advanced-level course.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- List common commands used to troubleshoot and verify different interior gateway protocol (IGP) routing protocols.
- Troubleshoot and isolate different IGP issues.
- List common commands used to troubleshoot and verify BGP.
- Isolate different issues with BGP communication and configuration.
- Isolate problems on routing policy structure and configuration.
- Identify common commands for troubleshooting routing policy.
- Troubleshoot the MPLS signaling and forwarding plane.
- Troubleshoot Layer 3 VPNs.
- Troubleshoot Layer 2 VPNs.
- Troubleshoot virtual private LAN service (VPLS).
- Verify and troubleshoot multicast.
- Verify and troubleshoot class of service.
- List the general chassis components.
- Identify different methods for troubleshooting major chassis components.
- Troubleshoot redundant Routing Engine and Control Board communication.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: OSPF Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting OSPF Lab
Chapter 3: IS-IS Troubleshooting
- IS-IS Overview
- Case Study
- Troubleshooting IS-IS Lab
Chapter 4: BGP Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting BGP Lab
Chapter 5: Policy Troubleshooting
- Routing Policy Overview
- Policy Structure
- Using Regular Expressions
- Useful Commands
- Case Studies
- Troubleshooting Routing Policy Lab
Chapter 6: Troubleshooting MPLS and VPNs
- Layer 3 VPN
- Layer 2 VPN
- Troubleshooting MPLS and VPNs Lab
Chapter 7: Troubleshooting Advanced Features
- Class of Service
- Troubleshooting Advanced Features Lab
Appendix A: Troubleshooting RIP
Appendix B: Hardware Troubleshooting
- General Chassis Components
- Case Study
Pubblico di destinazione
The primary audience for this course is the following:
- Individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS.