This four day course covers the installation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and administration of AudioCodes equipment in a Lync 2013 environment.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the operation of Audiocodes Survivable Branch Appliances (SBAs), Enhanced Gateways, Session Border Controllers (SBCs) and Lync IP Phones.
The lab environment includes a complete Lync 2013 environment with a Domain Controller and Front End servers, as well as a PSTN and ITSP emulation for the Gateway Configuration and SIP Trunk workshops.
The hands-on sessions use AudioCodes MP-11xs, Mediant 1000 Gateways, Mediant 1000 SBCs and 420HD Lync compatible IP Phones, but the course is also applicable to other AudioCodes Gateways and SBC hardware platforms.
This course includes an ACA (AudioCodes Certificate Associate) certification exam
Students are expected to be active participants in the learning process. Emphasis is placed on diagnostic tools and troubleshooting strategies to help students become self-sufficient in their use and support of AudioCodes products in a Lync environment.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure AudioCodes equipment using various management tools
- Demonstrate and understand the operation, maintenance, and monitoring tools of AudioCodes equipment
- Troubleshoot and debug AudioCodes equipment
- Become familiar with Lync 2013 related voice configuration aspects
- Integrate AudioCodes Mediant Gateways and Mediant SBC series in UC environments that require integrated voice components
- Deploy and configure the Survivable Branch Appliance (SBA)
- Understand the advantages for connecting SIP Trunks using Mediant SBCs
- Understand AudioCodes solutions for various customer voice scenarios
- Become familiar with the VoIP security risks and understand how to avoid them
- Understand AudioCodes migration capabilities for Microsoft Lync deployments
- Understand the needs and features of an SBC
- Configure a Lync SIP Trunk using a Mediant SBC
- Integrate AudioCodes Lync compatible IP Phones in the overall topology
- Become familiar with AudioCodes complementary solutions for Microsoft Lync environment
Training will be delivered by an AudioCodes official instructor and will take place in English.
Pubblico di destinazione
Systems Engineers, Network Architects, Consultants, and Integrators who are responsible for the planning, design, implementation and management of Microsoft Unified Communications networks
Students are expected to have an applicable professional background with a minimum of one year practical experience with:
- PSTN protocols and knowledge of analog and digital telephony systems
- VoIP and SIP network architecture
- Understanding of SIP control protocol signaling stack
- Knowledge of IP networking