This course is designed to provide technical network professionals with the skills they need to be able to successfully install, configure, and troubleshoot the E-series router in a dedicated access network running various routing protocols. The course covers the fundamentals of PPP, POS, ATM, VLANs, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP4 as well as E-series system administration. The course consists of over 50% hands-on exercises.
This is an intermediate-level course designed to provide a strong foundation for configuring and troubleshooting various routing protocols on an E-series router.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Configure PPP, POS, Ethernet, ATM, and VLAN interfaces on the E-series router;
- Configure the E-series router for OSPF;
- Configure the E-series router for IS-IS;
- Configure the E-series router for BGP; and
- Describe fundamental E-series system administration tasks.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Interface Configuration
- The E-series Router in a Dedicated Access Environment
- Configuring and Verifying IP-over-Ethernet Interfaces
- Verifying IP-over-HDLC POS Interface
- Lab 1: Interface Configuration
Chapter 3: OSPF Overview
- OSPF Operation and Single-Area Configuration
- Lab 2: Configuring OSPF
Chapter 4: IS-IS Overview
- IS-IS Overview
- IS-IS Protocol Operation
- IS-IS Configuration and Verification
- Lab 3: Configuring IS-IS
Chapter 5: BGP Overview
- BGP Overview
- Basic BGP Configuration
- Influencing Traffic Flow
- Modifying BGP Path Attributes
- Lab 4: Configuring BGP
Chapter 6: System Administration
- Upgrading and Downgrading Software
- Backup Boot Configuration and Slot Configuration
- Rebuilding Flash Cards and Password Removal
- Solutions 1 and 2
- Accessing the CLI
- Other System Administration Tasks
Pubblico di destinazione
- This course is intended for technical network professionals responsible for the integration, configuration, and management of E-series router networks.
- The prerequisites for the E-series Routing Protocols course are knowledge of IP in an ISP environment and the Introduction to Juniper Networks Routers-E-series course.