In this three days course, you will learn how to use basic FortiGate features, including security profiles.
In interactive labs, you will explore firewall policies, security fabric, user authentication, SSL VPN, dial-up IPsec VPN, and how to protect your network using security profiles such as IPS, antivirus, web filtering, application control, and more. These administration fundamentals will provide you with a solid understanding of how to implement basic network security.
- FortiOS 6.0
- FortiOS 6.2 (Available soon)
Click here to see the complete NSE 4 bundle training. This five days course covers FortiGate Security and FortiGate Infrastructure modules.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Deploy the appropriate operation mode for your network
- Use the GUI and CLI for administration
- Identify the characteristics of the Fortinet Security Fabric
- Control network access to configured networks using firewall policies
- Apply port forwarding, source NAT, and destination NAT
- Authenticate users using firewall policies
- Understand encryption functions and certificates
- Inspect SSL/TLS-secured traffic to prevent encryption used to bypass security policies
- Configure security profiles to neutralize threats and misuse, including viruses, torrents, and inappropriate websites
- Apply application control techniques to monitor and control network applications that might use standard or non-standard protocols and ports
- Fight hacking and denial of service (DoS)
- Offer an SSL VPN for secure access to your private network
- Implement a dialup IPsec VPN tunnel between FortiGate and FortiClient
- Collect and interpret log entries
- Introduction and Initial Configuration
- Security Fabric
- Firewall Policies
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Firewall Authentication
- Logging and Monitoring
- Certificate Operations
- Web Filtering
- Application Control
- Intrusion Prevention and Denial of Service
- SSL VPN
- Dialup IPsec VPN
Pubblico di destinazione
Networking and security professionals involved in the management, configuration, administration, and monitoring of FortiGate devices used to secure their organizationsâ€™ networks should attend this course.
Participants should have a thorough understanding of all the topics covered in theÂ FortiGate SecurityÂ course before attending theÂ FortiGate InfrastructureÂ course.
- Knowledge of network protocols
- Basic understanding of firewall concepts