The Symantec Veritas Storage Foundation 6.0 for Windows course is designed for the Windows professional tasked with managing storage. This class covers fundamental operational management procedures for Veritas Storage Foundation for Windows. This training shows you how to install and configure Storage Foundation and how to manage disks, disk groups, and volumes. This course also covers offline and off-host processing and introduces basic troubleshooting, performance tuning, and recovery techniques
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe how physical data storage relates to the virtual storage components of Veritas Storage Foundation.
- Install and configure Veritas Storage Foundation.
- Create and manage virtual disks, disk groups, volumes, and volume snapshots.
- Resize volumes, change volume layouts, and manage volume tasks.
- Perform disk group move, split, and join operations.
- Perform basic recovery operations and performance tuning techniques.
PART 1: Veritas Storage Foundation 6.0: Install and Configure
- Physical and virtual data storage
- SFW storage objects
- SFW RAID levels and volume layouts
Installing and Accessing SFW Interfaces
- Storage Foundation 6.0 for Windows: Overview
- Installing SFW 6.0
- Upgrading to SFW 6.0
- SFW user interfaces
Working with Disk Groups and Volumes
- Preparing disks and disk groups for volume creation
- Creating a volume
- Displaying disk, disk group, and volume information
- Removing volumes, disks, and disk groups
Working with Volumes with Different Layouts
- Comparing volume layouts
- Creating volumes with various layouts
- Creating a partition and logical drive
Making Configuration Changes
- Administering mirrored volumes
- Resizing a volume
- Changing a drive letter or path
- Moving data between systems
- Upgrading a dynamic disk group
PART 2: Veritas Storage Foundation 6.0: Manage and Administer
Implementing Offline and Off-Host Processing
- Offline and off-host processing tasks
- Creating a volume snapshot
- Performing dynamic disk group split and join
- Enabling fast resynchronization
- Implementing off-host processing
Using Recovery Features
- Monitoring objects and events
- Maintaining data consistency
- Configuration backup and restore
- Managing hot relocation at the host level
- Troubleshooting disk replacement and recovered volumes
- Monitoring I/O
- Setting capacity monitoring parameters
- Changing the volume layout
- Using SmartMove
- Overview of dynamic multipathing
- Managing arrays, individual disks, and paths
- Displaying performance information
- Specifying load balancing settings
- Specifying control timer settings for an array
Pubblico di destinazione
This course is for Windows system administrators, system engineers, network administrators, system integration or development staff, and technical support personnel who will be working with Veritas Storage Foundation.
You must have experience as a system or network administrator working in a Windows environment, and basic knowledge of Windows system administration.