This course provides guidance on planning and deploying desktops by using several technologies such as User State Migration Tool (USMT), Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), and more.
The correspondent training has been retired.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Assess and determine desktop deployment options.
- Plan an image management strategy.
- Implement desktop security.
- Capture and manage a desktop operating system image.
- Plan and implement User State Migration.
- Plan and deploy desktops by using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit.
- Plan and deploying desktops by using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
- Plan and implement a Remote Desktop Services infrastructure.
- Manage user state virtualization for enterprise desktops.
- Plan and implement an updates infrastructure to support enterprise desktops.
- Protect enterprise desktops from malware and data loss.
- Monitoring the performance and health of the desktop infrastructure.
LESSON 1 – ASSESSING AND DETERMINING DESKTOP DEPLOYMENT OPTIONS
- Overview of the Enterprise Desktop Life Cycle
- Assessing Hardware and Infrastructure Readiness for a Desktop Deployment
- Using MAP to Assess Deployment Readiness
- Overview of Enterprise Desktop Deployment Methods
- Volume Activation Technologies for Enterprise Desktops
- Lab : Assessing and Determining Desktop Deployment Options
LESSON 2 – PLANNING AN IMAGE MANAGEMENT STRATEGY
- Overview of Windows Image Format
- Overview of Image Management
- Lab : Planning an Image Management Strategy
LESSON 3 – IMPLEMENTING DESKTOP SECURITY
- Implementing a Centralized Desktop Security Solution
- Planning and Implementing BitLocker
- Planning and Implementing EFS
- Lab : Configuring Desktop Security
- Lab : Configuring File Encryption by Using EFS
LESSON 4 – CAPTURING AND MANAGING A DESKTOP OPERATING SYSTEM IMAGE
- Overview of Windows ADK
- Managing Windows PE
- Building a Reference Image by Using Windows SIM and Sysprep
- Capturing and Servicing a Reference Image
- Configuring and Managing Windows DS
- Lab : Preparing the Imaging and the Windows PE Environment
- Lab : Building a Reference Image by Using Windows SIM and Sysprep
- Lab : Capturing and Servicing a Reference Image
- Lab : Configuring and Managing Windows DS
LESSON 5 – PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTING USER STATE MIGRATION
- Overview of User State Migration
- Planning User State Migration by Using USMT
- Migrating User State by Using USMT
- Lab : Planning and Implementing User State Migration
- Lab : Migrating User State by Using Hard-Link Migration
LESSON 6 – PLANNING AND DEPLOYING DESKTOPS USING THE MICROSOFT DEPLOYMENT TOOLKIT
- Planning for the LTI Environment
- Implementing MDT 2012 for LTI
- Integrating Windows DS with MDT
- Lab : Planning and Deploying Desktops by Using MDT
LESSON 7 – PLANNING AND DEPLOYING DESKTOPS BY USING SYSTEM CENTER 2012 CONFIGURATION MANAGER
- Planning the ZTI Environment
- Preparing the Site for Operating System Deployment
- Building a Reference Image by Using a Configuration Manager Task Sequence
- Deploying Client Images by Using MDT Task Sequences
- Lab : Preparing the Environment for Operating System Deployment
- Lab : Performing a Zero-Touch Installation by Using MDT and Configuration Manager
LESSON 8 – PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTING A REMOTE DESKTOP SERVICES INFRASTRUCTURE
- Overview of Remote Desktop Services
- Planning the Remote Desktop Services Environment
- Configuring a Virtual Machineâ€“Based Desktop Infrastructure Deployment
- Configuring a Session-Based Desktop Deployment
- Extending the Remote Desktop Services Environment to the Internet
- Lab : Planning and Implementing a Remote Desktop Services Infrastructure
LESSON 9 – MANAGING USER STATE VIRTUALIZATION FOR ENTERPRISE DESKTOPS
- Overview of User State Virtualization
- Planning User State Virtualization
- Configuring Roaming Profiles, Folder Redirection, and Offline Files
- Implementing UE-V
- Lab : Managing User State Virtualization for Enterprise Desktops
LESSON 10 – PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTING AN UPDATES INFRASTRUCTURE TO SUPPORT ENTERPRISE DESKTOPS
- Planning an Updates Infrastructure for the Enterprise
- Supporting Software Updates with System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- Managing Updates for Virtual Machines and Images
- Using Windows Intune for Managing Software Updates
- Lab : Planning and Implementing an Updates Infrastructure to Support Enterprise Desktops
- Configuring System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection Client Settings and Monitoring Status
- Using Windows Intune Endpoint Protection
- Protecting Desktops by Using DPM
- Lab : Implementing Client Endpoint Protection
- Lab : Configuring Data Protection for Client Computer Data
LESSON 12 – MONITORING THE PERFORMANCE AND HEALTH OF THE DESKTOP INFRASTRUCTURE
- Performance and Health Monitoring for the Desktop Infrastructure
- Monitoring VDI
- Lab : Monitoring the Performance and Health of the Desktop Infrastructure
Pubblico di destinazione
The course is primarily intended for IT Professionals who manage the desktop environments for organizations, and want to specialize in Windows 8 desktop deployments. These IT professionals typically work in complex computing environments of large to enterprise-sized organizations. In addition. the secondary audience for this course includes IT professionals who want to take the 70-415: Implementing an Enterprise Desktop and Device Infrastructure exam as a stand-alone, or as part of the requirement for the MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure certification.