The course provides the participants with specific knowledgeÂ on synchronization distribution solutions in packet networks.Â It covers the necessary arguments to the engineering departmentÂ on how to design properly the network synchronizationÂ based on standard Sync-E and IEEE-1588. The course alsoÂ analyzes how to improve the quality of the synchronous network,Â for example aiming to reduce the PDV. Finally, the courseÂ provides useful troubleshooting procedures.
- Synchronization requirements for Frequency, Phase and ToD
- Timing sources (PRTC, GPS, SASE)
- Stability and Accuracy
- Synchronization through the physical Ethernet
- Features & implementation of Sync-E
- SSM implementation
- IEEE-1588 protocol and messages
- How to improve the sync stability and accuracy
- Boundary and Transparent Clock
- Comparison between Sync-E and IEEE-1588
- Planning the synchronism distribution in Sync-E and IEEE-1588
- Case Studies and Sync-Loss effects
- Jitter and Wander analysis
- Packet Delay Variation (PDV)
- PDV threshold in the network
Pubblico di destinazione
- Transport network engineers and mobileÂ network engineers involved inÂ network planning and synchronizationÂ management.
- Specific skills on IP, Ethernet and synchronizationÂ techniques on SDH networks.
The practical activities include the useÂ of interactive graphical simulators,Â which will help the understanding theÂ degradation effects in the network distributionÂ of synchronism.