Acquiring the knowledge for the deployment and managementÂ of OpenStack based IT Cloud scenarios. How OpenStackÂ works is explained and how this software creates and controls Â Next Generation Hypervisors: the new managers of virtualÂ machines, designed for cloud environments, in which alsoÂ client/server software resources are distributed and scalable.Â Towards a better understanding of the topics there are practicalÂ exercises related to the development of a Cloud IT networkÂ entirely based on OpenStack.
- IaaS in Cloud Computing architectures
- RPC: Remote Procedure Calls
- OpenStack agents: Nova Computing, Glance Image Service, Keystone Identity
- Quantum Virtual Networking
- Cinder and the traditional Block Storage
- Swift and the Object Storage
- Horizon Control Suite
- OpenStack multi Hypervisor Management
- Virtual Machines using KVM
- AMI: Amazon Machine Image
- Deployment of OpenStack based Cloud networks
- Virtualization with OpenStack
- Cloud Storage with OpenStack
Pubblico di destinazione
- Network engineers and technical personnelÂ involved in migration of IT systemsÂ to Vendor independent Cloud architectures.
- Linux-based operating system understanding.
A full installation of an OpenStack environmentÂ is performed. Starting from theÂ guest Linux servers, the Python sourceÂ scripts of OpenStack are launchedÂ to create the entire application suite.Â Through the Horizon management portalÂ it is possible to create and manageÂ the virtual machine instances in theÂ cloud.