This course illustrate how to properly evaluate the Quality of Service in packet-switched networks depending on the different services supported. This training describes first of all the IP, Ethernet and ATM peculiarities, then the best solutions and strategies to ensure the required QoS, with particular reference to MPLS technology.
- Statistical Multiplexing
- Congestion control
- QoS over IP
- Differentiated Services (DiffServ)
- TOS, DSCP, Per Hop Behavior
- MPLS architecture
- MPLS signaling (LDP, RSVP-TE)
- QoS Priority and Traffic Engineering
- VLAN 802.1p (Priority bits)
- PIR, CIR, EIR for Frame Relay and Ethernet
- ATM Network, cell switching and adaptation layers
- QoS ATM traffic parameters (PCR, SCR, MCR, MBS)
- CBR, VBR, ABR, UBR service categories
- Packet QoS for real-time services
- Planning and design
- QoS measurement
Pubblico di destinazione
This course is designed for technical and sales personnel who has to make technological choices or propose network solutions to ensure a suitable quality for the requested service.
Local and wide area networks basic understanding.