IAPP (GDPR) Certification Training
IAPP (GDPR) Certification Training
The IAPP is the largest and most comprehensive global information privacy community and resource.
The IAPP is responsible for developing and launching the only globally recognized credentialing programs in information privacy. It helps professionals develop and advance their careers and organizations manage and protect their data.
Why choose IAPP (GDPR)
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into force on 25 May 2018. The GDPR is applicable to both EU member states and organizations outside the union when processing the data of citizens within it. The new Regulation contains a number of new protections for EU data subjects and will threaten significant fines and penalties (â‚¬20 million or 4% of global annual turnover) for non-compliant data controllers and processors.
- Some of the new obligations will include such matters as data subject consent, data anonymization, breach notification, cross-border data transfers. The IAPP Certifications get them all covered. The IAPP Certifications offer programs on information privacy that are specifically designed for professionals who manage, handle and access data, and recognized and respected by employers the world over.
- An appointment of data protection officer (DPO) is a mandatory GDPR requirement. The IAPP recently released a study showing demand for at least 28,000 data protection of officers by the spring of 2018. As so, a 4-day training course combining two world-renowned, ANSI/ISO-accredited certifications is the best way to get ready for the role.
Pre-requisites for IAPP (GDPR) Certifications
- No prerequisites are required to take the course: anyone can take any class.
The Principles of Data Protection in Europe training covers the essential pan-European and national data protection laws, as well as industry-standard best practices for compliance with these laws. Youâ€™ll gain an understanding of the European model for privacy enforcement, key privacy terminology and practical concepts governing the protection of personal data and trans-border data flows. This will include: jurisdictional laws, regulations and enforcement models; essential privacy concepts and principals; legal requirements for handling and transferring data and more.
The Principles of Privacy Program Management training is the premier course on creating a company vision, implementing a privacy program framework, managing the privacy program operational lifecycle and structuring a privacy team. You will walk away with the skills to manage organizational privacy through process and technologyâ€”regardless of jurisdiction or industry.
The Principles of Privacy in Technology training is our premier course on privacy and data protection practices in the development, engineering, deployment and auditing of IT products and services. This training, offered worldwide, will give you an understanding of privacy-related issues and practices in the context of the design and implementation of information and communication technologies and systems.
Achieving a CIPM credential shows that you have a comprehensive knowledge of how data protection programmes should work across an organization. Combine with a CIPP/E credential and prove that you not only can manage a data protection programme, but you understand the regulations that govern them.
With a CIPP/E and CIPM combined you’ll be uniquely equipped to fulfill the DPO requirements of the GDPR. The CIPP/E relates to the knowledge a DPO must have concerning the European legal framework of the legislation, and the CIPM provides theoretical aspects necessary to lead an organisationâ€™s data protection policy.
A combined course of Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe (CIPP/E) and Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT)
CIPPE-CIPT Bundle course includes:
- Exam voucher
- Textbooks (ebook): European Data Protection: Law and Practice; Privacy in Technology: Standards and Practices for Engineers and Security and IT & Introduction to IT Privacy: A Handbook for Technologists
- Participant Guide
- Sample Questions
- 1 Year IAPP Membership